Lightworks is a professional multi-format non-linear video editing tool created for professionals and usable by beginners with a sleek and intuitive UI.
On the 4th of April, it received its latest update which reportedly came with north of 400 changes and 70 new features which include a major UI redesign, an Effects panel and a new auto-effect capability.
Regarding its latest major update on the 4th of this month the official website reads,
For over 25 years Lightworks editor has been at the forefront of film editing, having been used on many of the finest films in cinema history: The Wolf of Wall Street, LA Confidential, Heat, Road to Perdition, The King’s Speech and many more! Now with the release of Lightworks v14.0 we have created the complete video creative package so everyone can make video that stands out from the crowd. Whether you need to make video for social media, YouTube or for a 4K film project, Lightworks makes it all possible!
Unlike most of the apps we write on, Lightworks is not open-source – but that might not discourage you from checking it out if you are in need of an excellent pro-tier video editing app.
Preview Lightworks v14 in the quick start video below:
Features in Lightworks Video Editor
- Simple, intuitive, and yet beautiful User Interface.
- Cross-platform desktop client.
- Audio & video FX available to use in real time.
- Responsive video trimming and timeline editing.
- Low resolution proxy workflows for 4K projects.
- Access to royalty-free audio and video content for any type of project.
- Optional floating windows for quick access to controls.
- Supports video export to SD/HD and YouTube/Vimeo with quality up to 4K.
Because Lightworks is a professional video editing application, with tons of features valuable to both amateur and professional video editors that will be tedious to exhaustively list.
If you are interested in the other features I suggest you get yourself the latest version for a test drive.
Download Lightworks for Linux
Remember to return to tell us how much you like or don’t like Lightworks after giving it a test drive.